I searched for the right words for a Christmas blessing for you, my dear church family, but they did not come. There was a reason for that. I did not have the RIGHT words, but a friend, Joyce Rupp did. She says so clearly what is in my mind and heart.
– May there be harmony in all your relationships. May sharp words, envious thoughts, and hostile feelings be dissolved.
– May you give and receive love generously. May this love echo in your heart like the joy of church bells on a clear December day.
– May each person who comes into your life be greeted as another Christ. May the honor given the Babe of Bethlehem be that which you extend to every guest who enters your presence.
– May the hope of the sacred season settle in your soul. May it be a foundation of courage for you when times of distress occupy your inner land.
– May the wonder and awe that fills the eyes of children be awakened within you. May it lead you to renewed awareness and appreciation of whatever you too easily take for granted.
– May the coming year be one of good health for you. May you have energy and vitality. May you care well for your body, mind, and spirit.
– May you keep your eye on the star within you and trust this Luminescent Presence to guide and direct you each day.- May you go often to the Bethlehem of your heart and visit the One who offers you peace. May you bring this peace into the world… Amen.
May the blessings of this holy season bring you joy and peace.