At Federated, we are dedicated to serving the community around us, both in Greater Lafayette and beyond. Here are just some of our ministries and missions.
- Heads Up Briarwood – Free tutoring, games and snacks for children who live at Briarwood, Deerfield, Brampton, and Windmere apartment complexes.
- Heads Up Country Villa – Free tutoring, games, and snacks on Tuesdays and Thursdays for children at Country Villa Apartments. (We also do Trunk or Treat around Halloween!)
- Girls Club at Country Villa Apartments – Monthly special program for girls grades 3 through 12, including dinner and programming that emphasizes building skills of self-esteem and self-discovery.
- Federated Stitchers – If you love to sew, knit, or crochet, this fellowship group is for you! Meeting monthly on a Wednesday morning to stitch and fellowship. Work product ranges from knitted hats to add to Jubilee Christmas (see below) to blankets for shut ins.
- Tippecanoe County United Food Pantry – Federated Women lead the congregation in support of the Church Women United Bauer pantry with donations of money, goods, and time.
- Lafayette Urban Ministry – Take a turn preparing supper for the LUM Emergency Homeless Shelter on the first Friday of every other month.
- Operation Christmas Child – Small items are collected for boys and girls across the seas as a Christmas treat. Our youth pack the boxes for shipping.
- Jubilee Christmas – Federated is a host church for LUM’s Jubilee Christmas in early December, providing families in need with Christmas gifts and all of the trimmings to make the holiday special for their families.
- Veggie Drop – Volunteer on Wednesdays and Saturdays to collect produce from the West Lafayette Farmer’s Market and deliver to those in need.
If you would like to get involved in any of these, sign up here!
Federated Church is committed to mission beyond our immediate area.
- We have an Endowment Fund that intentionally works to fund innovative projects in the community.
- We support global ministries of both the American Baptist and Disciples denominations.
- We regularly support Rainbow Acres, a home in New Mexico for developmentally disabled adults.